(One Collective Group). One Collective Group is committed to respecting and safeguarding your privacy and the security of your personal information you share with us. If we collect or otherwise deal with your personal information, we will comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
Generally speaking, One Collective Group collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for purposes such as:
- to facilitate, maintain and continue a business relationship with suppliers or distributors;
- to communicate future promotional and marketing information including direct marketing purposes;
- to communicate with you in a personal way, such as responding to your feedback or service requests, or, if you choose to receive such information, to inform you about our products;
- to administer and fulfill your purchases of our products and to notify customers or others of products and services of One Collective Group or other organisations that may assist you, including any special offers available. For the avoidance of doubt, any person that places an order or submits their details on the Website consents to their information being used by One Collective Group to facilitate and fulfill their order and to, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised by the person, send them both current and future marketing and promotional material and/or consumer offers;
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints of customers or suppliers;
- to administer your account;
- to administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- statistical purposes;
- perform market research and improve our business; and
- as otherwise stated at or about the time information is collected.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: One Collective Group Suite 17, level 3, 70 Wellington Street, Collingwood, VIC, 3066
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
We will not sell, rent, lease, or provide your personal information to third parties except as described below.
One Collective Group may share your personal information with third party service providers or agents to perform certain processing activities on behalf of One Collective Group. One Collective Group requires these service providers to protect your personal information diligently.
The types of persons and organisations to which we may disclose your personal information include the following:
- organisations with whom we have arrangements or agreements for the purpose of promoting our products or services and any agents used by us in administering such arrangements or agreements;
- our agents, contractors and external advisers who carry on our functions and activities or who assist us to carry on our functions and activities from time to time;
- organisations who are contracted by us to perform certain services, including to maintain the Website and the personal information collected, provide cloud storage and management services for personal information, deliver products ordered on the Website, handle complaint and queries or facilitate any other service offered on the Website;
- our legal advisors, when needed; and
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
One Collective Group does not share your personal information with any other company for that company’s direct marketing services
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement.
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
Cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access
SECTION 7 - AGE OF CONSENT
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at One Collective Group
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
[Suite 17, level 3, 70 Wellington Street, Collingwood, VIC, 3066, Australia]