The quintessential Australian Long Weekend is a time for family and friends to enjoy a drink, food and in this case, watch the AFL Grand Final!
We swap our traditional work routine - fuelled by coffee - for a Grand Final weekend with friends. Aiming for that coffee fix? We have the perfect dessert for you to make your friends that will have you celebrating all day and all night!
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups St Remio hot espresso
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Stir espresso, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Pour into a 9 x 9 x 2" metal baking pan. Freeze for 1 hour. Stir, mashing any frozen parts with the back of a fork. Cover; freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Using a fork, scrape granita vigorously to form icy flakes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover tightly with foil; keep frozen. Give it a quick scrape before serving.
- Beat cream and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a large bowl until peaks form. Divide granita among bowls or glasses. Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.