A cake that tastes so good no one will believe how easy it is!
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup cold, strong, brewed coffee
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20cm tin. Sift together flour, cocoa, bicarb soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with coffee. Beat until just incorporated.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Preparation: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hour 5 min