These bite-sized bars are perfect for a midday snack with a St Remio latte. Try these today for a fairly guiltless dessert option.
Servings: 22 -24 squares
- 3/4 C raw walnuts
- 1/2 C raw almonds
- 1 1/4 C pitted Medjool dates packed
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp espresso coffee
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- In a food processor process the walnuts and almonds until no large pieces remain. Place the nut meal in a bowl.
- Place the pitted dates in the food processor and process again until no large pieces remain. The dates may even form a dough. Just break it up with a knife and continue with the recipe.
- Add the ground up nuts back to the food processor along with the cocoa powder, instant coffee, vanilla and sea salt. Process until all the ingredient are evenly distributed and the mixture it just starting to clump together.
- Prepare a loaf pan by lining it with wax paper, parchment or even plastic wrap then pour the crumbly mixture in. Press down firmly.
- You may turn out the brownies and slice immediately or if you prefer, refrigerate 30 minutes before slicing so that the mixture is firmer. Store in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge.