Have a sweet tooth craving? Then we have the perfect solution for you! Mocha Truffle Brownies! Warning: this will leave you drooling.
- 170 grams of dark chocolate chips
- 85 grams of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee (we suggest grinding some of your favourite St Remio blend for this step).
- ½ cup of boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to ‘flour’ baking pan
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a microwave safe container on medium heat, for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has fully melted
- Combine boiling water and instant coffee, stirring to dissolve coffee granules. Pour ½ cup coffee into melted chocolate and stir until fully combined.
- Let cool to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Grease and flour 9X13 baking pan with cocoa powder making sure to tap out all excess powder
- Beat 3 eggs in a mixing bowl until light and frothy
- Beat in sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed
- Reduce speed to low and beat in room temperature chocolate-coffee mixture
- Stir in flour just until combined
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until brownies are set. Don’t worry if the top cracks. Let the brownies cool completely.
- Ganache Frosting:
combine chocolate chips and whipping cream in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate has melted and cream is completely combined
- Pour over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until frosting has set up completely. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container.