Mocha Coffee Crunch Ice Cream Cake is the perfect no bake dessert for summer. It’s an easy 4 ingredient dessert made with ice cream, melted chocolate, coffee and chocolate rice cereal. (YUM)
2 shots of St Remio Intense Blend espresso
1 cup melted chocolate or chocolate chips
3 cups of chocolate crispy rice cereal
5 cups of no churn vanilla ice cream (or use your favourite brand), softened
- On the stove-top or in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl in 30 second increments; melt chocolate until smooth. Immediately whisk half of the coffee mixture.
- Add the rice cereal to a large bowl and pour melted chocolate over and stir to coat.
- Line a cookie sheet or large flat plate with parchment paper and spread the coated cereal on top. Place in the freezer to harden (about 30 minutes) then remove and break cereal into small bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, remove vanilla ice cream from freezer and place on counter to soften.
- Mix the softened ice cream with the remaining coffee. Then stir in the 1 1/2 cups of coated cereal.
- Pour into a 6-inch pan spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining crunchy cereal, and press down.
- Place pan in freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight to harden and set up.
- When ready to serve, remove cake from the freezer. Use a slim paring knife run around the edges of the pan and then remove the sides.
- Place on your favourite serving plate and top with more cereal if desired.
- Cut and serve.