Although Chocolate tends to be the most popular food of choice come Easter weekend, why not sneak some coffee into the mix with our Flourless Mocha Cake. The perfect chocolatey, caffeine induced mix the whole family can enjoy!
¼ cup boiling water
2 capsules of St Remio coffee granules
¼ cup cocoa powder
4 eggs separated
1 ½ cups brown sugar
1 ½ cups ground almonds
Cocoa powder to dust
1/3 cup St Remio coffee
250g cream cheese
2 tbsp icing mixture
200g dark choc
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease and line cake tin.
- Mix boiling water and coffee granules together until coffee is dissolved.
- Mix butter, chocolate, coffee and cocoa powder in saucepan over low heat. Cook for 2min till smooth.
- Pour into large bowl and add egg yolks, brown sugar and ground almonds. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add egg whites to choc mix, a third at a time. Gently fold in.
- Pour into tin and smooth surface.
- Bake for 40 - 45min. Let cool.
Icing - Combine coffee, cream cheese and sugar in bowl. Beat until combined. Spread over top of cooled cake. Dust with equal parts coffee powder and cocoa powder.