A banana bread recipe with flavours of coffee, cinnamon and walnuts. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
- 1 1/2sticks softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup extra Strong Brewed coffee
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- Brew 1 cup of strong coffee. Set aside and let come to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream softened butter and dark brown sugar in mixing bowl.
- Mash bananas until soft.
- Add mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla to creamed butter and sugar. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until combined.
- Alternately add flour mixture and cooled coffee to the banana mixture. Add half the flour and combine. Add half the coffee and combine. Repeat with second half flour and coffee.
- Fold cinnamon and walnuts into the bread mixture.
- Add batter to a greased bread pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- The bread is done when the top is crusty and the middle is soft but not mushy. Test bread by poking a toothpick into the middle of the bread to see if it's done.
*The coffee flavour in this recipe is subtle. It is meant to accent the flavour of the banana - not overpower it.* If you would like the coffee flavour to be stronger, simply add more coffee!