Slow day in the office? Impress (annoy) your desk next-door-neighbour with these impressive coffee facts:
- Coffee is the most effective if drunk between 9.30 and 11.30am
- The word coffee in Arabic means ‘’wine of the bean”
- Coffee is a psychoactive. And at high doses it can make you see things. Or kill you..
- A lethal dose of caffeine is roughly 100 cups of coffee
- Coffee beans are actually a pit of the berry. Which makes them a fruit. The best type of fruit.
- Unlike the hip 20-something year old barista’s floating around the northern suburbs, in Italy the average age is 48- and is an extremely respected profession.
- Saliva wipes out half the flavour of coffee so it doesn’t taste exactly how it smells.
- Averaging 2.4 cups of coffee per person, per day, Netherlands is the world’s largest per captia consumer of coffee