Does anything excite the taste buds more than the words “coffee cocktail?” I think not.
Combine good quality spirits and liqueur with single origin coffee, and you have coffee lovers waiting at your doorstep. Here are two of the two favourites among alcoholic caffeine addicted individuals.
Invented in 1984, by a model in London who requested a drink that would ‘wake her up’, this cocktail has become one of the bar favourites for the classy.
- Combine ice, a single shot of espresso and a shot of coffee liqueur, adding a splash of sweetener if needed.
- Shake that shaker to create the crema like foam on the surface
- Pour into a chilled martini glass and garnish with some espresso beans
It’s hard to go wrong when you combine coffee, cream and whiskey. This indulgent, comforting, and somewhat rich drink is made using Brazilian or Colombian beans to create the perfect balance of whiskey potency
- Brew a hot long black coffee
- Combine coffee and smooth whisky evenly, depending on the size of your mug/glass
- Add sugar (preferably brown) to taste and stir
- Aerate thickened cream by lightly shaking, and pour gently over the back of a spoon to create a perfect, even layer on top of the coffee
Ditch the latte on your Friday afternoon and get the weekend started with one of these creations, courtesy of your two favourites- caffeine and alcohol.