If we showed you a picture of Verbena, would you be able to name it, let alone list its health benefits? We don’t think many people could, but don’t fret because we’re here to tell you the five amazing reasons we LOVE Verbena and what it can do for your body. A major ingredient in our Digest Tea, you can read more about it here.
- Weight Loss – While herbal tea is often suggested for those looking to lose weight, it is tea with verbena in it that is particularly effective. Verbena has an effect on the body that decreases the appetite, making you less likely to snack between meals and compromise your diet. Verbena also have important metabolic properties which help to increase fat burning!
- Works with your Muscles – One of the most unique qualities of Verbena, and one that other teas without the herb do not have is that its high antioxidant potential can help to decrease damage done muscles during a workout. This makes lemon verbena the perfect pre-workout companion!
- Reduces Inflammation – Similar to the above, it has been proven that verbena is directly linked with reduced joint pain and aching, and faster recovery times for joint-related injuries, primarily due to the impressive antioxidant performance of the herb.
- Digestive Issues – Verbena has certain soothing qualities that have been relied on to relieve stomach issues and indigestion for years. The herb has anti-spasmodic qualities that help it calm the stomach and eliminate cramping and bloating – what more could you want?
- Eases Congestion - The final benefit of verbena is its medicinal properties. Drinking verbena can help loosen up congestion in the respiratory tracts and help eliminate the phlegm and mucous in that system. Next time you have the flu, give it a go!